European meeting/anniversary !!!

To support transnational "ProbeUnity" - English discussions only - any topics.
Pit
Donating Member
Donating Member
Probe-Modell: Probe II 16V ECP
FIN-10: S
Beitrag von Pit »

Hi Yann,

first of all - congratulations for so much Probes on your picture!

And now to the european meeting.

If there are guys from UK, Switzerland, BENELUX, France and Germany, it should be a central place. Alsace seems to be good (especially for me :wink: ).
For those who drive a long distance I think the meeting should last over two days, i.e. Saturday and Sunday.
KISS seems to be the best for the organization (keep it simple and stupid). So you might not have a tremendous effort for at last only a few people. Everyone can bring a tent, something to eat and drink. That's my opinion.
Live long and prosper!

Pit (Ex-Purple Probe)
Bild
$nouT
Level 0
Level 0
Probe-Modell: Probe II 24V T22

Beitrag von $nouT »

Hey,

This is my first post here, just found this website through probetalk, which I visit on a regular basis. I think it's great that you are taking the time/effort to organize a big meeting like this in september. I live in northern belgium and am interested in coming to the meeting in september, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to as I'll be studying in september. I will let you know more about whether I'll be able to come or not for sure as we get closer to the date. Paris & the surroundings should be doable for me to drive to, I think it should only take 3-4 hrs tops, but I'll check to make sure later.

BTW- nice pic of your recent meeting, nice to see so many probes coming together :thumb:
Alexander
ProbyCity
ProbyCity
Probe-Modell: anderes Auto

Beitrag von Alexander »

"Flammen"-Probe 2005 verkauft...nun Dodge Durango 2012 und 57er Chevy Bel Air
Saku
Blue Team
Blue Team
FIN-10: R

Beitrag von Saku »

$nouT hat geschrieben:Hey,

This is my first post here, just found this website through probetalk, which I visit on a regular basis. I think it's great that you are taking the time/effort to organize a big meeting like this in september. I live in northern belgium and am interested in coming to the meeting in september, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to as I'll be studying in september. I will let you know more about whether I'll be able to come or not for sure as we get closer to the date. Paris & the surroundings should be doable for me to drive to, I think it should only take 3-4 hrs tops, but I'll check to make sure later.

BTW- nice pic of your recent meeting, nice to see so many probes coming together :thumb:
Hi and welcome here!
Nice to have a "Probin' One" from Belgium here. So if you would like to be a part of such a great meeting, think about comming to Greiz in August this year. I think it should also be capable for you because the distance should be as same as driving to Paris. Due to the reason, that ther will definitly more than 50 PROBES hear in Greiz, it should be a large incentive to you and your Probe - driving friends.
Hope to see you there/here in Greiz.

CU
K.A.W. 50/35 || SEM || SML || US - Tails || MAL || beleuchtetes PROBE-Zeichen || RC-100 || Plasmatacho || Hifi || LEDs || HeadUp-Display || B&M-Shortshifter
$nouT
Level 0
Level 0

Beitrag von $nouT »

Saku hat geschrieben:
Hi and welcome here!
Nice to have a "Probin' One" from Belgium here. So if you would like to be a part of such a great meeting, think about comming to Greiz in August this year. I think it should also be capable for you because the distance should be as same as driving to Paris. Due to the reason, that ther will definitly more than 50 PROBES hear in Greiz, it should be a large incentive to you and your Probe - driving friends.
Hope to see you there/here in Greiz.

CU
Thks for the welcome! I'm glad that there's so many probe enthusiasts in germany and france, as there is nothing of the like here in the benelux. I've checked out the greiz site and it definitely looks like it's gonna be a phat meeting and I would definitely love to come, but the only thing that might stop me is that it's a long drive..it's actually nearly twice as far for me as paris is, which is already reasonably far. I'll look into it though, cause I was planning on going to berlin with some friends early august, but I might be able to combine that with the greiz meeting, as greiz is pretty close to berlin. I'll keep you guys updated as time goes on though,
peace out
Gast

Some news

Beitrag von Gast »

First of all, nice to see your interest ... and nice to find a belgian guy too !

It's true that there's almost nothing in Netherlands (some 1st gen owners being affiliated to general Ford clubs), but it exists a Probe belgian website, and some belgian owners sometimes post on the french forum ... with swiss and camadian too ! :wink:

This little message is just to inform everybody that the european meeting may be moved (to be confirmed) to the 3rd week-end of september (20-21/09) instead of the last week-end as planed previously. This may help getting more UK owners (driving back from holidays). :)

Does it make a difference for you ? :roll:

In addition, it's now almost sure that it will stand in the east of France to get max people : Bourgogne or Alsace ... especially for german drivers

I hope this may help you to plan your schedule ... :idea:

Finally, please have a look at the Gallery section to see what we are preparing for this meeting ... :twisted:

GrüB
Yann
$nouT
Level 0
Level 0

Re: Some news

Beitrag von $nouT »

Yann hat geschrieben:First of all, nice to see your interest ... and nice to find a belgian guy too !

It's true that there's almost nothing in Netherlands (some 1st gen owners being affiliated to general Ford clubs), but it exists a Probe belgian website, and some belgian owners sometimes post on the french forum ... with swiss and camadian too ! :wink:

This little message is just to inform everybody that the european meeting may be moved (to be confirmed) to the 3rd week-end of september (20-21/09) instead of the last week-end as planed previously. This may help getting more UK owners (driving back from holidays). :)

Does it make a difference for you ? :roll:

In addition, it's now almost sure that it will stand in the east of France to get max people : Bourgogne or Alsace ... especially for german drivers

I hope this may help you to plan your schedule ... :idea:

Finally, please have a look at the Gallery section to see what we are preparing for this meeting ... :twisted:

GrüB
Yann
Hey,

Sounds good to have the meeting in a more eastern location, should make it easier for me to get there as well. I also checked out the french probe site/forum except I don't speak a word of french :roll: , but I managed to get my way to the pics section and I gotta say you guys have some nice probes over there.

About the belgium site though, I take it it's a french belgium site cause I haven't been able to find a dutch one. Could you give me a link to it though, if you have one, so I can check it out? Thanks.
'94 (Bj.93) Black Sapphire Pearl PGT MTX , remote starter, typical bolt-ons, and more.
Gast

Re: Some news

Beitrag von Gast »

$nouT hat geschrieben:About the belgium site though, I take it it's a french belgium site cause I haven't been able to find a dutch one. Could you give me a link to it though, if you have one, so I can check it out? Thanks.
Hi !

Yes, it's a french speaking site : http://membres.lycos.fr/fordprobe. Not a lot of traffic in the forum, but you may contact the webmaster to start belgian meetings ... :P
On the other hand, if you prefer dutch speaking guys, I've got a contact in Nederlands ... The guy there owns a white 1st gen.

We're waiting for you in september .. Do you plan to come ?
Gast

Last details

Beitrag von Gast »

Well, after long discussions on different forums, the Probe european meet is set to take place on 13/09 in MERLIMONT in North of France.

You may find some info/map in french & english languages here : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/olivier.p24/meeting-dates.htm

It is located between Le Touquet and Berck-sur-Plage, just near the see. It is 230 km far from Brussels, 370 km from Aachen, 450 km from Köln. It is planned to start at 11:00 am but we will wait for you ... Some british people have already booked camping places.

Thanks to register here : French meeting forum

Hope to see you there ! :wink:
Benne
Racing Team
Racing Team
Probe-Modell: Probe II 24V ECP
FIN-10: T

Re: Last details

Beitrag von Benne »

is it only a " 1-day Meeting" ?

it would be 900km for me for 1 day... :?
Saku
Blue Team
Blue Team

Beitrag von Saku »

Benne hat geschrieben:is it only a " 1-day Meeting" ?

it would be 900km for me for 1 day... :?
For just some hours... And even this fact kills all of my intension... :? :(

CU
K.A.W. 50/35 || SEM || SML || US - Tails || MAL || beleuchtetes PROBE-Zeichen || RC-100 || Plasmatacho || Hifi || LEDs || HeadUp-Display || B&M-Shortshifter
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Saku hat geschrieben:And even this fact kills all of my intension...
Strange to see that german drivers seem not motivated by this meet whereas others are : UK, B, NL, CH, CZ ... :?

As stated in my previous message, (some) drivers plan to stay on Saturday evening. So we are now trying to manage common facilities to have a longer meet all over the week-end ... Do we have to keep our effort that way to have a chance to see any german representative ? :roll:
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:Strange to see that german drivers seem not motivated by this meet whereas others are : UK, B, NL, CH, CZ ... :?

As stated in my previous message, (some) drivers plan to stay on Saturday evening. So we are now trying to manage common facilities to have a longer meet all over the week-end ... Do we have to keep our effort that way to have a chance to see any german representative ? :roll:
ooops : Anonymous/Gast was me ...
Saku
Blue Team
Blue Team

Beitrag von Saku »

Strange to see that german drivers seem not motivated by this meet
Well... could be the same reason, why you do not want to come to Greiz in the end of August this year to meet about 60 other Probes. :roll:

CU
Konrad
Level 3
Level 3
Probe-Modell: Probe I GT

Beitrag von Konrad »

Well, there is already a big meeting in Greiz and that's for three days. Then there's also another meeting planned in Haan. Also for three days. So why should I drive such a long distance for 1, in words: ONE!, day when I can have two meetings each for 3 days and much nearer ?

I wasn't sure if I wanted to come to your meeting because of the distance. Now that I know that it's just for one day I know for sure that I won't come.
Strange to see that german drivers seem not motivated by this meet whereas others are : UK, B, NL, CH, CZ ...
Do they also have two big meetings coming up in their countries ? If you organize such a big meeting you should also plan 1 or 2 days more. What did you expect ? I can ask in opposite why you don't come to our big meets ?!?
Antworten