PLEASE HELP 1996-1997owners???

To support transnational "ProbeUnity" - English discussions only - any topics.
Antworten
Gast

PLEASE HELP 1996-1997owners???

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi guys!
You are sort of my last hope really!
I have a 1997 Probe GT (got it in Luxemburg) and i need to diagnose my 'check engine light'.

in USA all cars after 1996 are OBDII meaning they require a reader or scanner tool to extract codes.

In the UK they say the brittish cars are ALL OBDI for some reason and that they aren using OBDII at all since it was not required by law.

Are there any eurospec Probe late year owner (96-97) on this board that can tell me the truth!!?

My car should be the exact copy of yours so if youre OBDII, then i am too.

My email is seargentjones@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Jonas
Stockholm, Sweden
Martin
Blue Team
Blue Team
Probe-Modell: Probe II 24V T22
FIN-10: P

Beitrag von Martin »

First you have to find out, if your Probe is an us version (T22) or an european (ECP). Us versions have since 1995 (year of construction) OPD2. Then you have an interface near the fuse-box in internal space. Only a OPD2 scanner helps.
Existing a "check-engine-lamp" and US-Version, it seem to be OPD1.
Here is intruction to get the codes: http://www.ford-probe-driver.de/set_tec ... k_cel.html
ECP modells have an "updated" OPD1. Didi has wrote an good instruction to get this codes.

Photos (front and rear) and the identify-number would help to identify your car.
Gast

yes

Beitrag von Gast »

Martin hat geschrieben:First you have to find out, if your Probe is an us version (T22) or an european (ECP). Us versions have since 1995 (year of construction) OPD2. Then you have an interface near the fuse-box in internal space. Only a OPD2 scanner helps.
Existing a "check-engine-lamp" and US-Version, it seem to be OPD1.
Here is intruction to get the codes: http://www.ford-probe-driver.de/set_tec ... k_cel.html
ECP modells have an "updated" OPD1. Didi has wrote an good instruction to get this codes.

Photos (front and rear) and the identify-number would help to identify your car.
Yes, thanks for your time! I can send photos right away if you provide an email address. My car looks to be european atleast: it has that extra plastic piece on the hood infront of the pop-up lights and also the eu rear taillights. My meeter also shows km/h not mph and my instruction book is in german(!)

Please -do email me!

Thanks again
Jonas
Gast

OBDI or OBDII??? 1997 Probe

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi,
I am still not sure...

I did find a small box -maybe 4x6cm or so with a plastic cap saying "diagnosis". this little box was located at the right side of the battery (if your standing in fron of the car) and directly below the bigger fusebox. Does this help in telling which OBD version I am???

Thanks once again.
J
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

hi,

i think you've an ecp wit the EOBD (European On Board Diagnostic System).
nearly every mazda dealer can check the codes, because they're using the same system .
Antworten